Last Breath (Morganville Vampires #11) By Rachel Caine

Sunday 18 December 2011

The Morganville Vampires series has been one of my favourites for a long time. And this book upset me! No not because it was a disappointment. It was anything but that, this book was the best Morganville so far. No the thing that upset me was after reading this book I realised that there was only one left. One more book in the Morganville series! So that will be twelve books in total and it is still not enough!!!

This book followed the Glass House residents as normal but throughout the book the story was told by different characters. It was mostly Claire as usual but you also got to see things through Amelie, Eve, Michael and Shane's eyes. Sadly there was not a section told by Myrnin, that would be... interesting but undoubtedly hilarious.

There was most of the usual characters in this book including Bob Myrnin's much loved spider but there was also lots of new characters, including the mysterious Magnus. There are many things that become clear in Last Breath, like why the vampires live out in the desert and just what have they been running from all these years. With vampires disapearing it seems whatever they were running from has caught up with them. Of course there is also the drama from Eve and Michael's engagement which you just new was going to happen. But why is it such a big deal? Also after 10 books you finally get to see just how much Myrnin cares about Claire and then just what Shane would do for her. Lucky Girl! Really it IS as awesome as it sounds!

"Claire Danvers is concerned when three vampires vanish from Morganville without a trace. The last person seen with them is someone new to town - a mysterious individual named Magnus. Claire is convinced creepy Magnus isn't human ...but is he a vampire, or something else entirely? Claire's hunt for answers leads her to solving another mystery that's long been puzzling her: why do vampires live so far out in a sunny desert when they're sensitive to sunlight? The answer has nothing to do with sunlight, but with water - and an ancient enemy who has finally found a way to invade the vampires' landlocked community. Vampires aren't the top predator on earth. There's something worse that preys on them ...something much worse. Which means if Claire, and Morganville, want to live, they will have to fight on to the last breath ..."

I loved this book! It was a really great read which made me definatly want to reread the series. I would reccomend this book to paranormal romance or YA lovers. I would rate this book 5/5 stars. Yay my very rare full number and it deserves it. Go out and read this book now! RIGHT NOW! I know what your thinking "Maybe later" but no you need to read it now! I am currently reading Vampire Diaries: Phantom so I will be posting a review of that soon.

My favorite quote:
The quote I really wanted to share with you was sadly too much of a spoiler but luckily I found a hilarious one to take its place.

“No.” He took his hand out of his pocket and put his arm around her shoulders, hugging her close. “If I could be half the girl you are, I’d be—wow, I have no idea where I was going with that, and it just turned out uncomfortable, all of a sudden.”

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.