Night World By L.J. Smith

Saturday 10 December 2011

Hello everybody, a friend asked me to review L.J. Smith's Night World. The only thing is I forgot to ask which book, so i decided to review the first of the three. Yes I know what your thinking "Emily, there are four books not three" but i have not yet come across the fourth book "Strange Fate" so I will not be able to review it until I get it.

"Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters — they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World."

So I will start with volume one, sorry if my review is a bit vague as I read it a while ago.  Volume one has three stories inside it, my favourite story was the first one "Secret Vampire". It is about a normal girl called Poppy who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her best friend James is willing to lose everything to help her so he reveals information to her that he could be executed for. To save her life he tells her he needs to turn her into a vampire, of course she doesn't believe him. I mean would you? Will Poppy realise James is telling her the truth in time to save her life? Well you will have to read it and see. If that wasn't enough info for you here is the synopsis:

"In Secret Vampire, Poppy thought the summer would last forever. Then she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Now Poppy's only hope for survival is James, her friend and secret love. A vampire in the Night World, James can make Poppy immortal. But first they both must risk everything to go against the laws of Night World. "

Book two is called "Daughters Of Darkness" it is another favourite of mine as it has my favourite Night World character in it, Ash. Although at the beginning of this story he is portrayed as ruthless. Daughters Of Darkness follows vampire sisters Rowen, Kestral and Jade as the flee from their home to their Aunt Opal's home. They discover that their evil brother Ash has followed them to bring them home, this is until he meets Mary-Lynette... Sounds awesome right? If you need more here is the synopsis:

"Fugitives from Night World, three vampire sisters leave their isolated home to live among humans in Daughters of Darkness. Their brother, Ash, is sent to bring the girls back, but he falls in love with their beautiful friend."

Book three is "Spellbinder" it follows teenage witches Thea and Blaise. They are cousins but as close as sisters. There is just one HUGE difference between them, Thea uses white magic and Blaise uses black. Blaise uses her magic to make guys do what ever she wants them to do, even if it means harming themselves or burning down schools. But when Thea and Blaise start a new school together Thea meets Eric and falls for him. Blaise is jealous of this attention so she does what anyone like her would do, tries to steal Eric off Thea. But the events that follow will change everything. I hope I haven't given too much away there, here is the synopsis:

"Two witch cousins fight over their high school crush. It's a battle between black magic and white magic in Spellbinder."

Very short synopsis isn't it? Well I loved this book, I would advise it to Paranormal romance lovers who aren't into the really dirty scenes. The great thing about this book is it's innocence, its concept of soulmates really puts the romance back into paranormal romance. It is a really lovely book, not one of those with so many dirty jokes that it loses all romantic essence from it. I would rate this book 3/5 stars. Hope you liked this review.

My favorite quote:
"You dont love somebody because of their looks or their clothes or their cars. you love them because they sing a song that nobody but you can understand."

E-mail me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.