Bloodlines By Richelle Mead

Thursday 8 December 2011

Hello everyone! Has anyone read the new Vampire Academy spin-off series? Well I have and Richelle Mead out did herself. There has been a lot of negative reactions towards this book but the majority of the people who I have talked to LOVED this book. Bloodlines give you an incite into the minds of different characters than in Vampire Academy, though there are a lot of familiar characters including Sydney, Jill, Eddie and of course Adrian Ivashkov.

In Bloodlines you get to see how Adrian copes with his recent heartbreak and the damaging effects of spirit, how Jill copes with her latest revelation that has turned her world upside-down, and how Sydney copes with the demanding world of being an Alchemist and a secret that is tearing her apart. That's a whole lot of coping. Of course some of the old main characters appear in the book including Rose, Abe and a huge shock character appearance at the end... but no I wont tell you who it is. I know I haven't told you much about what the book is about because the best part of the book is the surprise of the events. But I will add the synopsis:

"When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood."
Sounds exciting doesn't it? And I Haven't forgotten about all you Dimitri lovers out there I am afraid to tell you that Dimitri is not really in the book often but i am absolutely positive he will have a bigger part in the second book in this series. So you will just have to wait a while to get any more Dimka, but trust me I'm sure it will be the worth the wait. And in the mean time you have the dashing Adrian Ivashkov to keep you occupied, what more could you want. Two characters that do not appear in the book are Lissa and Christian, I am curious to know what is happening with them! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loved Vampire Academy or even if you didn't it is still worth reading. I give this book 5/5 stars. I think that you really need to go to your local library or book shop right NOW! Thanks for reading ;) Oh and please let me know if there is any books in particular that you would like me to review and I will try to get hold of them. I hope you enjoyed my review and stay tuned for more.

My favorite quote:
This was SO hard to choose, I love them all.
“But I can say you’re okay for an irreverent party boy with occasional moments of brilliance.”
“Brilliant? You think I’m brilliant?” He threw his hands skyward. “You hear that, world? Sage says I’m brilliant.”
“That’s not what I said!”
...
“Come on, Sage.
You understand how my mind works. You said I was brilliant, remember?”
Eddie glanced at me in surprise. “You did?”
“No! I never said that.” Adrian’s smile was infuriating. “Stop telling people that.”

E-mail me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

4 People dared to comment.:

Larissa said...

I'm so behind .. Haven't read this book yet but I'm dying to. I'm a bit of an Adrian-fan...

Emily said...

You really need to read it. Team Adrian!!!

Larissa said...

I know, I know! I need to get my hands on it very soon and I need to see Adrian get his happy ending.

Emily said...

So do I but it's a 6 book series like VA so it may be a wait. They should then have a spinoff of the spinoff! :)

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.