Clockwork Prince By Cassandra Clare

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Hello everyone, now for my review of the long awaited Clockwork Prince. To sum this book up in one word: AMAZING! Yes see I can be positive some times. This book is well desercing of that title though, it is my new favorite book. Clockwork Prince is the second in The Infernal Devices series. The first, Clockwork Angel, I reviewed a couple of weeks ago. Read my review here. I have to warn you though, this review may contain spoilers for Clockwork Angel.

Clockwork Prince follows straight on from Clockwork Angel. Mortmain has vanished along with his clockwork army but he's still as threateing as ever. We find out more about Will because as I'm sure you all remember we were left with a huge cliffhanger at the end of the first but by the end of this book I had a true understanding of his character. Tessa sets out to find out more about Mortmains past but ends up finding out more about her own. And to top it all off Charlotte is given an ultimatem: Find Mortimain in two weeks or lose the institute.
Here's the synposis:

"In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends. With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them. Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do? As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart."


Quite a long synposis isn't it? Well I LOVED this book, I think it was the best in the series so far. I know in my review of Clockwork Angel my favorite character was Jem, well sorry all you Jem lovers but after you discover Will's secret you will understand. Will is now my absolute favorite character, in fact I love all of Cassandra Clare's characters. She is one of the most talented writers I know. I would recomend this series to absolutly everyone, thats how good it is. I would give Clockwork Prince 6/5 stars (I can change the rules if I want to!) and it's well deserving of those stars. I am eagerly awaiting the third and final in the series Clockwork Princess.

My Favorite Quote/s:
I loved this book so much I had to share two quotes with you, I physically had to, it was impossible to avoid! :)

“Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—
Not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song—
For I was right, and you were wrong!"
"Will!" Charlotte shouted over the noise, "Have you LOST YOUR MIND? CEASE THAT INFERNAL RACKET! Jem—"
Jem, rising to his feet, clapped his hands over Will's mouth. "Do you promise to be quiet?" he hissed into his friend's ear.
Will nodded, blue eyes blazing. Tessa was staring at him in amazement; they all were. She had seen Will many things—amused, bitter, condescending, angry, pitying—but never giddy before.
Jem let him go. "All right, then."
Will slid to the floor, his back against the armchair, and threw up his arms. "A demon pox on all your houses!" he announced, and yawned.
"Oh, God, weeks of pox jokes," said Jem. "We're in for it now.”

“Did you just kiss me?" Will inquired.
Magnus made a spilt-second decision. "No."
"I thought-"
"On occasion the aftereffects of the painkilling spells can result in hallucinations of the most bizarre sort."
"Oh," Will said. "How peculiar.”

I love the CP quotes, I would share many more with you if I could.
Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

2 People dared to comment.:

Tara Parsell said...

I absolutely loved this book...and love seeing people's reactions to it :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Just to let you know...your link at Top Ten is wrong. I had a hard time making my way here!


Here's my Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little.

I'd like to invite you to sign up for my February Giveaway! Win All Kinds of Kisses or a $25 Amazon gift card!

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.