My Love Lies Bleeding By Alyxandra Harvey

Monday 26 March 2012

Sorry this has been my first review in a while but I have been REALLY busy! I'd never read a book by Alyxandra Harvey but I had heard great things about her books so when I saw this in my -badly stocked- library I had to take it out. My Love Lies Bleeding is about Lucy and Solange. Solange is a vampire, the first female to be born, and Lucy is her best friend- a human. Solange is in danger because vampires, vampire hunters and everyone in between seem to all want her dead. Her brothers and family are highly trained to protect her though so she is not easy to kill. Many unlikely alliances form all with the same purpose. They are all determined to keep Solange safe but she's just as determined to look after herself, even if it puts her in danger. I apologise in advance for the synopsis because it is very spoilerish but it's the official one on the back of the book so it's no fault of my own.

"The Drakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer."

My Love Lies Bleeding is a very quick and light read. It is highly predictable and quite cliche but I think that is what makes it good. I really enjoyed it mostly because of the Drake brothers. I loved them all - all seven of them; Connor, Quinn, Sebastian, Marcus, Duncan, Logan and of course Nicholas. My favorites being Logan - the flirty, full of himself brother - and Nicholas - the sweet mysterious brother. Lots of reviews I read were saying that the amount of characters made the book confusing but personally I think every brother had a different personality and were all completely individual. I am looking forward to hearing more from them. I didn't just like the brothers though, there was also Kieran. He was a vampire hunter but I really liked him. The main character Lucy annoyed me slightly but I quite liked Solange, she was more 'real' even though she was the Vampire. Some of the romances, I feel, were a bit quick but then again in YA they always are. I would recommend this book to Vampire lovers or those people who just want a quick read. It's not serious, it has no message, it's just a good book. I would give it 4/5 stars.

My favorite quote:
“All right.” Lucy shouldered her way to my side and made a waving motion as if they were annoying flies. “Shoo!” She narrowed her eyes. “I said shoo.”
They dispersed, mostly startled into moving. Only Logan remained, leaning casually against the wall.
“Darling, I’m not some insect to be chased away.”
“Darling?” She snorted amiably. “You’re not ninety years old, either.”
He straightened. “I’m charming,” he informed her. “And women like endearments.”

Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.