Bloodfever By Karen Marie Moning

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
Cover Rating: 3/5 Stars
Overall Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Synopsis: "I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets...
In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and  the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous. For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them."

I started the Fever series with HUGE expectations, everyone is always going on about it and I wanted to know more about this Barrons person everyone is talking about. Well I read the first book and thought it was good but not amazing so I looked at some reviews all of them saying to keep reading because it gets better. So I had huge expectations for the second book and once again it has disappointed me. Not massively because it was a good book but I am still yet to see what all the fuss is about. Third book lucky? Hopefully. In my last review I said I hated V'lane, I now sorta like him. I don't know why and I don't want to like him but I do. Barrons on the other hand is kinda annoying me, he I want to like. He seems to scary and he bosses Mac around to much. He actually grounded her! Also anyone who has read this; is it just me or has MacKayla NEVER seen Barrons during the day? He always appears at night. I don't know what he is but I think that is crucial to it. I would give you my theory but it may be seen as a spoiler. MacKayla is back to annoying me again because of the stupidity of the things she does. I think she is too weak a character because she lets Barrons get away with way to much and does the opposite of everything he says if it's keeping her safe and if it's a stupid request she will do it.

I don't mean to turn this into a rant because I do like it but characters who act like Barbies must annoy more people than just me. I think the plot didn't really go anywhere in this book but it wasn't really very slow. Everyone is head-over-heels in love with Barrons so I'm hoping the next book lets him redeem himself and the plot gets more interesting. As for Mac and Barrons, it's obvious they are going to get together so I wish they would instead of denying it. It will happen! I would recommend this book to Adult Paranormal Romance lovers. I would give this book 3.5 stars and I am looking forward to the next book.

My Favorite Quote:
“Burns from dropped matches, Ms. Lane? Matches one might have dropped while flirting with a pernicious Fae, Ms. Lane? Have you any idea the value of this rug?”
I didn’t think his nostrils could flare any wider. His eyes were black flame. “Pernicious? Good grief, is English your second language? Third?” Only someone who’d learned English from a dictionary would use such a word.
“Fifth,” he snarled. “Answer me.” 


Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.