The Golden Lily By Richelle Mead

Friday 27 July 2012


The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
Cover Rating: 3.5/5
Overall Rating: 5/5 stars
Synopsis: Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought. 
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.


Time for the long awaited review of The Golden Lily. I started this knowing I was going to love it because, well, it has Adrian in it. Yes I was right I did love it but I read it during a reading slump which lessened my enjoyment of it. I will probably reread it sometime to enjoy it more. Anyway I was very excited to read this especially after the huge cliffhanger of Dimitri coming back in the last book. This book had a very similar plot to the last one but it was a LOT more exciting than the last. Lot's more drama! This one focused more on a different threat  than all of the previous books, instead of Strigoi they have a new enemy.


Ah, I just love so many of the characters. Sydney is one heroine that I'm yet to hate, well I am angry at her at the moment (can't tell you why) but I do still love her. She's smart and doesn't depend on any guys. Her beliefs in the Alchemists are still strong but she does what she can for her friends. Adrian, Adrian, what to say about Adrian? I loved him even more in this one, he is a lot less depressed in this one but he does have the odd moments which just makes his character more believable. Also I'm positive his hilarity increased! We saw a very protective side of him which was just amazing. Anyway enough fan-girling. I really like the more minor characters like Eddie and Trey still, both are just believable and I love it! I wasn't keen on Jill or Angeline, neither really connected with me but I don't hate them. Ugh, Dimitri was so boring! I really liked him in Vampire Academy but he seems to have lost all the badass personality though luckily Adrian picked it up. Adrian is the best kind of badass.


I think I'm in love with this book, I laughed at every witty comment from Adrian and even a few from Sydney. The ending made me write a very hysterical email to Richelle Mead which I luckily deleted before sending but I can't tell you any more about that just yet. I was very disappointed that Christian hasn't made an appearance just yet, he better do at some point though because he was a great character. Lissa can stay away though she doesn't bother me. Overall I adored this book and if you haven't yet read it you need to. Now.


My favorite quotes - because one isn't enough!


“Sage," he said. "What are you wearing?"
I sighed and stared down at the dress. "I know. It's red. Don't start. I'm tired of hearing about it."
"Funny," he said. "I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at it.”

...
“He shouldn't have said that," repeated Adrian, eerily serious. He leaned his face toward mine. "I don't care if he's not the emotional type or the complimentary type or what. No one can look at you in this dress, in all that fire and gold, and start talking about anachronisms. If I were him, I would have said, 'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth.” 


“Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated.
-Prisoner 24601” 



OKAY I'm done... Nearly.


“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?” 


Email me at: confessionsofabookaholic@LIVE.CO.UK

0 People dared to comment.:

Post a Comment

Hey there, let me know what you think of my post, I try to reply every comment I get so do check back.

Note: This blog is an award free zone, you commenting and following is reward enough!

Blog contents © Confessions Of A Bookaholic 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.